For the premium members who would like to integrate their puzzles with more ease into their Wordpress website, this is now possible!
The plugin is a new experiment of mine and is still in beta-mode. Therefore, it not yet available in the official Wordpress plugin overview.
Install the Puzzel.org Wordpress plugin
Note: the current version of the plugin is not compatible with Wordpress 5+ / new Wordpress Gutenberg Editor.
To install the plugin, please follow the following steps:
- Download the plugin ZIP-file
- Login to Wordpress and go to Plugins > Add new
- Click on 'Upload plugin' at the top and select the downloaded the puzzel-org.zip file
- Click 'Install now'
- Click 'Activate plugin' once the installation has succesfully been completed
Loading puzzles into Wordpress
The next step is to authenticate with Puzzel.org and load your puzzles into Wordpress.
- Go to the new Puzzel.org settings menu in the sidebar
- Fill in your Puzzel.org credentials (email/password) and click 'Authenticate with Puzzel.org'
- Once this is succesful, click on the 'Retrieve all puzzles' button
- Watch your beautiful list of puzzles get loaded :)
- Click 'Save Puzzles' at the bottom to save the puzzles into Wordpress
Embedding puzzles into Wordpress Posts/Pages
Once all of the puzzles are loaded into Wordpress, it is time to use them within your posts and pages! To make this as easy and visual as possible, I have created an extension for the Wordpress editor. This can be used in the following manner:
- Open up a (new) page/post within Wordpress
- Click on a empty spot within the editor where you would like to have a puzzle
- Click the new available and colorful black/yellow icon [P]
- Fill in the settings (width/height/language) or leave them as defaults if you currenly don't know
- Click on the puzzle that you would like to embed within your post/page
- And there it is! Visually loaded into your page, waiting to be saved :)
- After you save the post/page, check out the published post/page on the website and see if you solve your own puzzle. :)
Only for premium users
Since the embedded puzzles are only available for premium users, the Wordpress plugin is only useful for premium users as well. If you are a new user and want crossword puzzles, word search puzzles, memory or quartets embedded right into your website, please upgrade first and then have fun with the plugin :).
I have just developed the Wordpress plugin and I am very curious to here if people enjoy it, miss features or any other questions that come to the top of your mind. If so, please let me know at email@example.com
Create your first puzzle here!